Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sweet home Chicago.


We have no idea how long we will live in Chicago, but as long as we are here we are happy to love this city. It's true that traffic can be taxing, and that the taxes here should be illegal, and that our public schools are failing miserably - BUT, while we are here, we are truly here. We know that God has a plan for us and Chicago. A lot of that is wrapped up in INTRSCT, and Lil' Kickers. We believe that we are called to live with eyes wide open, to be sensitive to the Spirit's leading, and sensitive to the people he places on our path. We want to be part of his kingdom solutions. I'm not about to write the Bley's Creed or anything strange like that - but I will say we want to love deeply and live out this radical love that is changing us from the inside out.

Somehow the summer days have way of renewing our love for this city while simultaneously reminding us why we are here. We're excited to experience all that Chicago has to offer via (especially the free things). We have plans to ride our used-but-new-to-us bikes, to take picnics to Lincoln Park Zoo and listen to bands (like PINK MARTINI!) for free at Millenium Park. We hope to spend as much time outside as possible because winters here get long, and our apartment is about 5ft x 5.5ft.

Here are a few pictures of our beautiful city, I'll be sure to post more as we go about our days this summer...









Go team.

JAB

2 comments:

  1. I knew we were kindred spirits, Adrienne. Nathan and I LOVE Pink Martini. And we're so glad you guys are in Chicago : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. holla!!

    adge, this reminded me. let's have a chicago photog day!!

    ReplyDelete