Jordan left yesterday, for what I like to call his, "MAN TRIP". Not that waterproof hiking boots, camouflage, sleeping bag, less underwear than days and a hunting gun make a MAN TRIP... but heck if it does not fulfill the stereotype.
He is gone for 12 days. 8 of those days he will have no cell phone signal, so I have no idea of his wherabouts, condition, or safety for that matter. This is going to be a challenge for us...especially me. I am so used to spending our evenings together, having coffee in the morning and calling him or texting him whenever it pleases me. Not so for the next 11 days.
I find it ironic, and quite providential that Jordan will be gone during my first two weeks of leading Urban Dwellers. I see a new line of communication opening with God, a new way of dependency. All the time I would normally spend processing with Jordan will be extra time to process with God. And though I love Jordan's warm smile in the morning, I will have to learn to anticipate something new instead. I know it seems like a short time, but for me this is a challenge.
In the meantime, this is an INCREDIBLE opportunity for Jordan. The man was made to spend time in nature. The serenity and majesty of the great outdoors has totally captivated Jordan's heart. I am praying that this time will refresh and reveal...and of course, I am praying that he comes home to me safe and sound.
Here's to a learning curve.
JAB
No comments:
Post a Comment