Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jordan's new best friend.




Let me preface this with the fact that I am NOT an animal lover. But if I am ever to love an animal, it shall be a dog and this dog shall belong to me, and it shall do tricks and speak french.

But since marriage is not comprised of one person, it obviously matters what my spouse thinks of dogs. To find out if Jordan likes dogs, take this pop quiz and find out for yourself:

1) When Jordan is online, he spends 60% of his time doing the following:

a) Googling Burt Reynold and Tom Selleck moustaches, crying because he will never have one like them
b) Googling his name, committing his college football stats to memory
c) Watching youtube videos of puppies

2) Sometimes Jordan and I will be sitting together in our family room and he will burst into a sudden smile accompanied by laughter. He does this because he is thinking of:

a) Me learning how to ski
b) A puppy playing in our family room
c) The time his dad said "peep" to a referee at a little league game after the ref said, "If I hear one more peep out of you..."

3) When we are at a grocery store, or Target, Jordan sometimes wanders off on his own. I always know where to find him:

a) In the baby section asking pregnant women if he can feel their bellies and predict their baby's gender.
b) Stealing toys from little children in the Toy section, laughing as they cry
c) In the pet aisle choosing the best treats, toys, and food for "you know, the dog we might get someday"

4) It's not often that Jordan compares his personality to another's. But the one time he did, it was to:

a) Will Ferrell
b) Tom Selleck
c) Wesley, our friend's old dog.



If you answered: a, a, a (a) I might be calling to check in with you....but if you answered c, b, c , c you have entered into my reality. People, tell me how I can say NO to my husband when he is CLEARLY in bad need of mans best friend.

With this, I am happy to present our newest family member, a cute little golden retriever with no name that we get in 3 weeks.

Sarcasm aside, I am happy to have this little guy in our home. I think Jordan and I will do well as a team and have lots of fun "raising" him! Here's to you Jordan, and here's to our nameless son of a bitch (I can say that because only 5 people follow our blog and not one of them will be offended, but perhaps even laugh).

Go team!

JAB

4 comments:

  1. I love you and your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Adrienne, you are such a good writer! Congrats on the puppy and thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great! Puppy is adorable... And I was totally offended ;-) I didn't know you blogged, glad to find it! Enjoy the puppy stage, hehe.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete